Definition of airport in English:
1A complex of runways and buildings for the take-off, landing, and maintenance of civil aircraft, with facilities for passengers.
- It is worth checking, too, for seasonal charter flights from Scottish airports.
- It was all about passenger landing rights at Heathrow and American airports.
- Now the Government has set about building new roads and airports all over the shop.
1.1 [as modifier] Relating to or denoting light popular fiction such as is offered for sale to travellers in airports: an airport thriller
More example sentences
- Some people might laugh at them as airport novels, but I get a good read from them.
- But, at least in my case, it takes a couple of days to get through even an airport paperback.
- It has the structure in some ways of an airport paperback but has the style and depth of a literary novel.
Words that rhyme with airportpassport
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.