Definition of airwoman in English:
noun (plural airwomen)
1A female pilot or member of the crew of an aircraft, especially in an air force.
- She was well known as an airwoman in the early days of flying and in 1930 was created a dame of the British empire for her services to aviation.
- Mail addressed to "Miss Amy Johnson, Famous Airwoman" arrived at the right house.
- The study would also put the Yorkshire-born pioneer airwoman, the first woman to fly alone to Australia from England, in the unlikely class of more subdued people.
1.1A female member of the RAF below commissioned rank.
- This is our first article in what will be a regular series about jobs for airmen, airwomen, and officers in the Air Force.
- Over recent weeks I have attended special farewell ceremonies for the sailors, soldiers and airmen and airwomen deploying under this operation.
- Following the service, the Squadron Associations will present their annual awards to selected officers, airmen and airwomen.
Words that rhyme with airwomanchairwoman
Definition of airwoman in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.