adjective & adverb
- (Of food, typically pasta) cooked so as to be still firm when bitten.More example sentences
- In cooking, the adjective al dente describes pasta and (less commonly) rice that has been cooked so as to be firm but not hard.
- Al dente is a fancy term for pasta that's fully cooked, but not overly soft.
- Al dente: The only way to serve pasta! This is an Italian phrase meaning 'to the tooth'.
Italian, literally 'to the tooth'.
More definitions of al denteDefinition of al dente in:
- The US English dictionary