noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
An amino acid which is a constituent of most proteins.
- Chemical formula: CH3CH(NH2)COOH
More example sentences
- Other examples of amino acids are alanine, leucine, cysteine, arginine, and tryptophan.
- All of these silks are composed of protein chains in which the amino acids glycine, alanine, and serine dominate.
- Also, a combination of the amino acids glycine, alanine and glutamic acid can relieve symptoms of prostatitis.
Definition of alanine in:
- The US English dictionary