- A shrub rose of a variety with grey-green leaves and pinkish-white, sweet-scented flowers.More example sentences
- Bourbons, damasks, albas, gallicas, mosses and rugosas are all likely groups of roses to choose from for fragrance - the difficulty is narrowing down the candidates.
- Many old garden roses, and these include the albas, bourbons, centifolias, damasks, chinas, noisettes, etc., bloom only once a season.
- Ipomoea alba with longer flower tubes correspondingly had the highest mean total nectar volume per flower and nectary volume.
mid 19th century: from Latin alba, feminine of albus 'white', from the name rosa alba, an old white garden rose.
More definitions of albaDefinition of alba in:
- The US English dictionary