A tuna of warm seas, which travels in large schools and is of commercial importance as a food fish.
- Two species in the family Scombridae
More example sentences
- At the next level, which is recommended at no more than one six-ounce serving per week, is listed orange roughy, marlin, canned white albacore tuna, sea trout, fresh tuna, blue fish and lobster.
- Since 2000, the AHA's dietary guidelines have recommended that healthy adults eat at least two servings of fish per week, particularly fish such as mackerel, lake trout, herring, sardines, albacore tuna and salmon.
- Salmon, albacore tuna, lake trout, mackerel, herring, and sardines contain lots of omega - 3s.
late 16th century: from Portuguese albacora, from Arabic al-bakūra, perhaps from al 'the' + bakūr 'premature, precocious'.
Definition of albacore in:
- The US English dictionary