- Growing or shading into white: albescent mistMore example sentences
- ‘Lutescent ‘leaves will change from green to yellow, and ‘albescent‘leaves will turn from yellow to white.’
- When this white albescent strip is missing on either a brown or blue then it is a Smoky.
- Saturday's rain sluiced away the week's snowfall, which the balance of an albescent Sunday replaced.
early 18th century: from Latin albescere 'become white', from albus 'white'.
More definitions of albescentDefinition of albescent in:
- The US English dictionary