- A sodium-rich mineral of the feldspar group, typically white, occurring in silicate rocks.More example sentences
- A plagioclase feldspar, albite probably, occurs as parallel growths of transparent colorless to yellowish crystals.
- They collected several pegmatite pockets in which topaz was associated with both clear and smoky quartz, microcline, albite, muscovite, fluorite, and cassiterite.
- Brookite is best known from alpine-cleft-type occurrences, where it is round with anatase, rutile, titanite, quartz, adularia, albite, hematite, calcite, and chlorite.
early 19th century: from Latin albus 'white' + -ite1.
More definitions of albiteDefinition of albite in:
- The US English dictionary