- 1A blank book for the insertion of photographs, stamps, or pictures: the wedding pictures had pride of place in the family albumMore example sentences
- One of his greatest pastimes was looking at photo albums and books of family history.
- There are no photographs from his family album or of him performing with the famous.
- When Maura met with me she carried at least five or six photo albums and bags of photographs.
- 2A collection of recordings issued as a single item on CD, record, or another medium: his debut album was very much influenced by the jazz soundMore example sentences
- First albums are often collections of tracks recorded over a long period of time.
- You recorded two albums as part of Bel Canto, which was, and still is, a rather successful band.
- Spanning four albums, this collection is an autobiography of her life over the past decade.
early 17th century: from Latin, neuter of albus 'white' used as a noun meaning 'a blank tablet'. Taken into English from the German use of the Latin phrase album amicorum 'album of friends' (a blank book in which autographs, drawings, poems, etc. were collected), it was originally used consciously as a Latin word.