- Egg white, or the protein contained in it.More example sentences
- The suite of maternal proteins in the crude albumen creates complex banding patterns, with high probability of differences between females.
- The negative charge repels plasma proteins, including albumen, so they are not filtered but remain in the blood.
- Protein was determined by the method of Bradford using bovine serum albumen as the standard protein.
late 16th century: from Latin, 'egg white', from albus 'white'.
More definitions of albumenDefinition of albumen in:
- The US English dictionary