- another term for scleroprotein.More example sentences
- In [, in] 1846 the German Baron Justus von Liebig classified foodstuffs by their content of carbohydrates, fats, and oils, and what were then called ‘albuminoids’ or ‘nitrogenous matter’, now known as proteins.
- He found that albuminoids derived from decaying vegetable substances did not have the same effect.
- Dogs fed a diet of only sugar and fat would not survive, but dogs whose diets included albuminoids would.
More definitions of albuminoidDefinition of albuminoid in:
- The US English dictionary