The habitual excessive use of alcohol: Dawn’s father was put into rehab for alcohol abuse
More example sentences
- He took advantage of the presence of top government officials at the dinner to warn against alcohol abuse.
- Apparently, the current tide of outrageous alcohol abuse among our youngest has nothing to do with the consumer climate in which we live.
- He says alcohol abuse poses a more serious danger to teenagers than drugs.
alcohol abuser noun
- Example sentences
- Across the region 67% of people seeking treatment for addiction were alcohol abusers.
- Violent men were also almost twice as likely to fit into the category of alcohol abusers as were nonviolent men.
- Her mother was working the streets and was a drug and alcohol abuser.
Definition of alcohol abuse in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.