Definition of alcohol abuse in English:
The habitual excessive use of alcohol: Dawn’s father was put into rehab for alcohol abuse
More example sentences
- The campaign will also bring attention to the damage caused to family life by alcohol abuse.
- Smokers in alcohol recovery may be more addicted to nicotine than smokers who don't have a history of alcohol abuse.
- Alcoholism, or alcohol dependence, is the most severe form of alcohol abuse.
alcohol abuser noun
- Example sentences
- Interventions are commonly used on those thought to be drug or alcohol abusers by concerned relatives and friends.
- The genteel appearance belies its gritty purpose: Phoenix House is a rehabilitation centre for drug and alcohol abusers, treating 6,000 people a day.
- He was a recovering drug and alcohol abuser.
Definition of alcohol abuse in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan