Definition of alcohol abuse in English:
The habitual excessive use of alcohol: Dawn’s father was put into rehab for alcohol abuse
More example sentences
- The campaign will also bring attention to the damage caused to family life by alcohol abuse.
- Smokers in alcohol recovery may be more addicted to nicotine than smokers who don't have a history of alcohol abuse.
- Alcoholism, or alcohol dependence, is the most severe form of alcohol abuse.
alcohol abuser noun
- Example sentences
- Interventions are commonly used on those thought to be drug or alcohol abusers by concerned relatives and friends.
- The genteel appearance belies its gritty purpose: Phoenix House is a rehabilitation centre for drug and alcohol abusers, treating 6,000 people a day.
- He was a recovering drug and alcohol abuser.
Definition of alcohol abuse in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.