- An inn or public house.More example sentences
- Like today, London had many inns and alehouses throughout it and drinking was as popular then as it is today!
- The licensing of alehouses and inns was the responsibility of justices of the peace.
- In England pubs were either inns, providing accommodation and food to wealthy travellers; or taverns, providing only wine and spirits to the local neighbourhood; or alehouses, selling only beer to a poorer clientele.
More definitions of alehouseDefinition of alehouse in:
- The US English dictionary