noun (plural alhajis; feminine alhaja)
- (In West Africa) a Muslim who has been to Mecca as a pilgrim (often used as a title).More example sentences
- Nigeria probably had the highest density of prophets, apostles, bishops, mullahs, alhajis and sheiks in the whole world.
- Everyone is welcomed to seek equity as in justice - devils, angels, vagabonds, pastors, alhajis, police, soldiers, prostitutes, etc.
- To keep a date with young and willing ladies of the night waiting patiently in furnished apartments rented by alhajis.
Hausa, from Arabic al 'the' + hājī 'pilgrim'.
More definitions of alhajiDefinition of alhaji in:
- The US English dictionary