- Relating to nourishment or sustenance.More example sentences
- Indeed, the visitors enact the alimentary behavior of the oasis dwellers, but in so doing, they experience their own civilized difference from and advantage over the ‘natives.’
- Total parenteral nutrition is a preparation of nutrients given via intravenous infusion to patients, of any age, who cannot feed normally through the alimentary tract.
- Mammalian examples are the intertwining of the alimentary and digestive systems or the reproductive and excretory systems, which often require medical intervention.
late 16th century: from Latin alimentarius, from alimentum 'nourishment' (see aliment).
More definitions of alimentaryDefinition of alimentary in:
- The US English dictionary