- The whole passage along which food passes through the body from mouth to anus during digestion.More example sentences
- Crohn's disease is a chronic, relapsing inflammatory disorder of the alimentary canal with involvement anywhere from the mouth to the anus.
- The digestive system is made up of the alimentary canal and the other abdominal organs that play a part in digestion, such as the liver and pancreas.
- The latter group includes tissues lining the airways; the alimentary canal and its associated organs and glands; and the genito-urinary system.
More definitions of alimentary canalDefinition of alimentary canal in:
- The US English dictionary