noun[mass noun] • formal
- The provision of nourishment or other necessities of life.More example sentences
- This is doubtless the change in meaningful alimentation that the newly formed Association of Business Development Trainers chairman is crying for.
- The findings of a number of studies indicate that aggressive alimentation in patients with a wasting syndrome related to cancer may actually increase their discomfort.
- He was managed conservatively with dietary restriction, parenteral fluids and alimentation, and prokinetic agents, and his paralytic ileus resolved.
late 16th century (in the sense 'maintenance, support'): from medieval Latin alimentatio(n-), from late Latin alimentare 'to feed', from alimentum 'nourishment' (see aliment).
More definitions of alimentationDefinition of alimentation in:
- The US English dictionary