Definition of alkalize in English:
Treat with alkali: some food or beverage applications use a ‘natural’ cocoa powder, which has not been alkalized
More example sentences
- Malate alkalizes xylem sap to a greater extent than nitrate.
- Alkalaemia suppresses renal ammoniagenesis, but the hydrolysis of urea by bacteria liberates ammonia that alkalises urine.
- The decrease is minimal with lightly alkalized cocoa powder, but with strongly alkalized powder, the gel strength is significantly reduced.
- Example sentences
- The odor results from the liberation of amines and organic acids produced from the alkalization of anaerobic bacteria.
- Alkalization brings out a stronger taste and a brighter color, but there is a point at which you want to stop on the degree of alkalization.
- It is important to choose a cocoa powder with an alkalization that will help keep the product's pH close to that of milk, around 7.0.
Definition of alkalize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan