- Any of a group of synthetic polyester resins derived from various alcohols and acids: [as modifier]: alkyd paintsMore example sentences
- Modern paint media are based for the most part on synthetic alkyds (possibly oil-modified) and acrylics.
- The acrylic-modified waterborne alkyd is a hybrid resin prepared by the polymerization of at least one ethylenically unsaturated monomer in the presence of a waterborne alkyd having at least one pendant sulfonate functionality.
- The nonaqueous media include linseed or stand oils, dryers, varnish, alkyds, molten wax, organic solvent-based acrylic, epoxy, stains, and lacquers.
More definitions of alkydDefinition of alkyd in:
- The US English dictionary