Definition of all-star in English:
Composed wholly of outstanding performers or players: an all-star cast
More example sentences
- On the one hand, you do get to see shows that might otherwise never be performed, and you get to see all-star casts that could never be assembled for a long run.
- But there are more than three stars in this all-star cast.
- It's a contemporary version with an a less than all-star cast.
nounNorth American Back to top
A member of an all-star group or team.
- So Popovich sat down and watched Tony Parker perform against a team of American college all-stars.
- Unlike those Republican capitalist Yankees, the Democrats can't afford to populate their team with high-priced all-stars.
- But then in Washington's last two big trades, the team exchanged young all-stars Chris Webber and Rasheed Wallace for aging journeymen with huge guaranteed contracts.
Definition of all-star in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan