- Any of a number of tropical shrubs or climbers which bear showy yellow or purple flowers.
More example sentences
- Several species, particularly in the genus Allamanda (family Apocynaceae)
- She has divided her own garden into ‘rooms’ separated by borders of shrubs - mussaenda with pink and red blooms, allamandas in a whole range of colours and the white balls of spirea, or bridal wreath - all in the shade of huge trees.
- Plumerias are native to tropical America and related to mandevillas, allamandas and oleanders.
- Yellow allamanda has a white milky sap in all parts, which oozes out as soon as it is broken.
modern Latin, named after Jean-Nicholas-Sébastien Allamand (1713–87), Swiss naturalist.
More definitions of allamandaDefinition of allamanda in:
- The US English dictionary