Definition of allargando in English:
(Especially as a direction) getting slower and broader.
- There are constant indications in the score of riten, allargando, largamente, and so on, most of which you do seem to observe.
- Masur simply, a bit austerely intoned the opening chorale of the Adagio, creating relief for the violins to effortlessly make their line in allargando unison to follow it very compellingly.
noun (plural allargandi /-di/ or allargandos)Back to top
An allargando passage.
- Maisky also puts in his own nuances, quite profusely, like the allargandos in the Vth Suite.
- Though not intonation-perfect, Jo wowed at every opportunity, soaring and executing allargandos with effortless ease.
- Where were the sforzandoes and allargandos I was accustomed to?
Definition of allargando in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia