Definition of allargando in English:
(Especially as a direction) getting slower and broader.
- There are constant indications in the score of riten, allargando, largamente, and so on, most of which you do seem to observe.
- Masur simply, a bit austerely intoned the opening chorale of the Adagio, creating relief for the violins to effortlessly make their line in allargando unison to follow it very compellingly.
noun (plural allargandi /-di/ or allargandos)Back to top
An allargando passage.
- Maisky also puts in his own nuances, quite profusely, like the allargandos in the Vth Suite.
- Though not intonation-perfect, Jo wowed at every opportunity, soaring and executing allargandos with effortless ease.
- Where were the sforzandoes and allargandos I was accustomed to?
Definition of allargando in:
- US English dictionary