- A heavily built slow-moving lizard native to North America and Mexico.
More example sentences
- Genus Gerrhonotus, family Anguidae: several species
- I caught an alligator lizard in a Target store because the employees were afraid of it.
- Miguel has wrangled the foot-long, thrashing alligator lizard, his hand protected by a wadded T-shirt.
- In Paradise Valley we found such a place where we could exchange the unctuous reptiles of Hollywood for far less pretentious alligator lizards and gopher snakes.
More definitions of alligator lizardDefinition of alligator lizard in:
- The US English dictionary