(also alligator snapping turtle)
- A large snapping turtle occurring in fresh water around the Gulf of Mexico.
More example sentences
- Macroclemys temminckii, family Chelydridae
- Historical records show alligator snappers up to 300 pounds have been captured in Georgia and Florida.
- When submerged on the bottom of a river, it is easy to mistake the alligator snapper for a pile of rocks.
- You can keep other species of turtles with alligator snappers provided they are the same size.
More definitions of alligator snapperDefinition of alligator snapper in:
- The US English dictionary