- Relating to or denoting tissues or cells which are genetically dissimilar and hence immunologically incompatible, although from individuals of the same species. Compare with xenogeneic.More example sentences
- Patients who received only autologous blood had significantly fewer infections than patients who received allogeneic blood transfusions.
- We determined the proportion of patients who had received allogeneic or autologous blood transfusion after total joint replacement and the number of allogeneic blood transfusions per operation.
- Blood conservation programmes reduce the need for allogeneic blood transfusions.
More definitions of allogeneicDefinition of allogeneic in:
- The US English dictionary