A large bipedal carnivorous dinosaur of the late Jurassic period.
- Genus Allosaurus, suborder Theropoda, order Saurischia
More example sentences
- We need a hominid skeleton and an allosaurus skull.
- And then she saw two allosauruses appear and the fight was a lot less even.
- I do not mean the nimble, fleet-footed ones like the allosaurus; I mean the slow sloth-type ones that we are encountering at the moment.
modern Latin, from Greek allos 'other' + sauros 'lizard'.
Definition of allosaurus in:
- The US English dictionary