Powerfully and mysteriously attractive or fascinating; seductive: the town offers alluring shops and restaurants
More example sentences
- Madeline had chosen a tasteful yet alluring little black dress for Elizabeth to wear.
- Such entertainments offered alluring images of appealing stars surrounded by an abundance of consumer goods.
- Jane smiled at him with a newly found boldness that he found very alluring.
- Example sentences
- The fabulous thing about these brownies is that each one is different, depending on which sweetie happens to be sunk alluringly into the mixture.
- Each table is decorated with carefully attended tealights which allow lovers to stare alluringly into each others eyes.
- But Ferrick's a resourceful alley cat of a performer, and the angst she suffers seeps alluringly into her croaky, staccato vocals and percussive acoustic guitar strums.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: al¦lur|ing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.