Definition of alluring in English:
Powerfully and mysteriously attractive or fascinating; seductive: the town offers alluring shops and restaurants
More example sentences
- Madeline had chosen a tasteful yet alluring little black dress for Elizabeth to wear.
- Such entertainments offered alluring images of appealing stars surrounded by an abundance of consumer goods.
- Jane smiled at him with a newly found boldness that he found very alluring.
- Example sentences
- The fabulous thing about these brownies is that each one is different, depending on which sweetie happens to be sunk alluringly into the mixture.
- Each table is decorated with carefully attended tealights which allow lovers to stare alluringly into each others eyes.
- But Ferrick's a resourceful alley cat of a performer, and the angst she suffers seeps alluringly into her croaky, staccato vocals and percussive acoustic guitar strums.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.