Definition of alluring in English:
Powerfully and mysteriously attractive or fascinating; seductive: the town offers alluring shops and restaurants
More example sentences
- Equally dear to thirsty citizens is the alluring watermelon.
- Just like the yellow teardrop, the pear shape is alluring.
- The American dream has been alluring to potential immigrants.
- Example sentences
- The fabulous thing about these brownies is that each one is different, depending on which sweetie happens to be sunk alluringly into the mixture.
- Each table is decorated with carefully attended tealights which allow lovers to stare alluringly into each others eyes.
- But Ferrick's a resourceful alley cat of a performer, and the angst she suffers seeps alluringly into her croaky, staccato vocals and percussive acoustic guitar strums.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan