- A kind of garnet with a violet tint.More example sentences
- Associated with the quartz are crystals of almandine, kyanite, biotite, and magnesite.
- There are instances of quartz on almandine, quartz intergrown with almandine, quartz as an inclusion in almandine, and almandine as an inclusion in quartz.
- She described star garnets (almandines) from Emerald Creek, Idaho, as opaque.
late Middle English: from obsolete French, alteration of alabandine, from medieval Latin alabandina (gemma), 'jewel from Alabanda', an ancient city in Asia Minor where these stones were cut.
More definitions of almandineDefinition of almandine in:
- The US English dictionary