- 1Having complete power; omnipotent: I swear by almighty GodMore example sentences
- The fact that he has seen the dawning of the sun in the morning means that the almighty power of God is already protecting him.
- Why would Thomas transcend to a godlike state if he detests almighty power?
- The salvation of sinners does not depend on the way we state the truth, but on the almighty power of God.
- 1.1 • informal Very great; enormous: the silence was broken by an almighty roarMore example sentences
- We were playing outside in the garden this afternoon when there was an almighty roar in the sky.
- The aspirin he had taken had finally started to kick in, and disintegrate his almighty hangover.
- An almighty roar of celebration, relief and happiness erupted upon the decks of the Devil Star as the ship emerged from warp space.
nounBack to top
- (the Almighty) A name or title for God: I wanted to beg the Almighty for mercyMore example sentences
- I guess the Almighty was saying Happy Mother's Day is His own way to all the Mothers in the world.
- We know that freedom is the Almighty's gift to every man and woman in this world.
- The event started with the sweet little voices of the children invoking the blessings of the Almighty.