Definition of aloe vera in English:
- The liquid creatine of today has come a long way with the help of ingredients such as soybean oil, colloidal mineral complexes and aloe vera gel.
- If babies are teething, rub peppermint oil or aloe vera gel on the gums, or give them a teaspoon of the chamomile/ginger tea brew as needed.
- Sun Dog offers a solution for that winter-induced dry skin with new hand and body lotions made with only natural ingredients, like aloe vera, vegetable glycerin and organic hemp oil, and free of chemical preservatives.
- Aloe vera, family Liliaceae (or Aloaceae)
- The aloe vera plant is grown typically in dry areas and is actually a member of the lily family, although it has a more cactus like appearance.
- They resembled a cross between a cactus and an aloe vera plant; thick and fleshy, with hairs extruding from their tendrils.
- You can grow your own aloe vera plants, or purchase the stabilised liquid extract or gel from your health food store.
Early 20th century: modern Latin, literally 'true aloe', probably in contrast to the American agave, which closely resembles aloe vera: both plants were formerly classified together in the lily family.
Definition of aloe vera in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.