- Ionizing radiation consisting of alpha particles, emitted by some substances undergoing radioactive decay.More example sentences
- Long before artificial probes were available, subatomic researchers such as Rutherford relied on concentrated alpha radiation.
- Capturing neutrons causes the boron nuclei to break apart, resulting in the emission of alpha radiation and lithium nuclei.
- After the boron is selectively localized to the tumor, it is irradiated with neutrons that cause the release of alpha radiation from the boron atoms.
More definitions of alpha radiationDefinition of alpha radiation in:
- The US English dictionary