noun[mass noun] Physiology
- The normal electrical activity of the brain when conscious and relaxed, consisting of oscillations ( alpha waves) with a frequency of 8 to 13 hertz.More example sentences
- Once a console session had begun, their beta wave levels rapidly decreased to well below the level of alpha wave activity.
- The study reported that the brain absorbs L-theanine within 30 minutes and that higher doses increase alpha wave production and relaxation.
- He claims that leftbrainers are functioning at the beta wave level, while rightbrainers are at the alpha wave level.
More definitions of alpha rhythmDefinition of alpha rhythm in:
- The US English dictionary