A trial of machinery, software, or other products carried out by a developer before a product is made available for beta testing.
- This is necessary because we want to count pixel shader executions that also happen for pixels that fail the alpha test.
- During an alpha test last summer, the company began giving friends and neighbors access codes to dial up its Web site, offering free video rentals, a pint of ice cream, candy and soda to anyone who merely signed up.
- But, running two or three complete alpha tests at this point is going to save grief later.
(alpha-test) [with object] Subject (a product) to an alpha test: each model was then alpha-tested with specific test patterns
More example sentences
- It also said the part is the first mobile GPU to support transparency super-sampling and multi-sampling, enhancing the look of objects modeled in alpha-tested textures, such as chain-link fences, grass and trees.
- He has an alpha-testing lab of ten thousand people!
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: alpha test
Definition of alpha test in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.