Definition of alteration in English:
The action or process of altering or being altered: careful alteration of old buildings [count noun]: alterations had to be made
More example sentences
- The only major alteration was the transformation of a poky shower room and toilet into an elegant pampering place.
- Is it even remotely possible that there will be a grand macro change without significant micro alteration here?
- Jung accepted that this course is never intractably fixed; it may at any time be subject to alteration.
remodelling, reshaping, remoulding, redoing, reconstruction, rebuilding, recasting, reorganization, rearrangement, reordering, reshuffling, restyling, rejigging, reworking, renewal, renewing, revamping, renovation, remaking;
- Example sentences
- Deborah Willis celebrates the alterative body of a black female body-builder: hard-muscled and tattooed, the woman's physical prowess is evident through the close-up of her contoured back and torso.
- Amalaki is considered to be a Pitta rasayana, with astringent, stomachic, carminative, alterative, immunomodulant, adaptogenic, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antipyretic, and trichogenous properties.
- Medicines and herbs that are cooling, purging, laxative, antipyretic, alterative and blood detoxifying, cholagogic (releasing bile) are appropriate for treating Fire imbalances.