- Energy fuelled in ways that do not use up the earth’s natural resources or otherwise harm the environment, especially by avoiding the use of fossil fuels or nuclear power.More example sentences
- Any serious attempt to shift from fossil fuels to alternative energy demands greater national and global efforts.
- We should pursue all viable alternative energy sources, from nuclear power to solar to geothermal.
- While we're on the subject of costs, consider that the cheapest and safest form of alternative energy is - using less.
More definitions of alternative energyDefinition of alternative energy in:
- The US English dictionary