- A dynamo that generates an alternating current.More example sentences
- These oscillating sound waves in the traveling-wave engine drive the piston of a linear alternator that generates electricity.
- The charging voltage delivered from the alternator will then be too low, slowing the recharge process and often preventing a full recharge even after a long period of engine operation.
- A new, stone-faced slate-roofed building will be created to house a power-generating turbine along with an alternator and electrical control panels connecting the power supply with United Utilities.
More definitions of alternatorDefinition of alternator in:
- The US English dictionary