- A musical instrument of the saxhorn family, especially the alto or tenor saxhorn in E flat.More example sentences
- Many althorn players in the United States are often players whose chief instrument was not originally the althorn.
- The timbre of the althorns and waldhorns is quite different.
- After dark the Italian Hall was lighted by sconces in the shape of althorns adorned with ribbons, and by a chandelier of unusual design.
mid 19th century: from German, from alt 'high' (from Latin altus) + Horn 'horn'.
More definitions of althornDefinition of althorn in:
- The US English dictionary