noun (plural alto-relievos)[mass noun]
- another term for high relief at relief ( sense 4).More example sentences
- The scenic front is not pictorially decorated but is composed of a metal coating and a bronze alto-relievo sculpture located in a black recess.
- The Trent Tile Company made a specialty of dull-finished or ‘Trent finished’ tiles in alto-relievo, which are treated by the sand-blast process after being glazed.
- I have lately seen a new alto-relievo model of Scotland brought out by Messrs William Martin & Co.,. of 67 West Nile Street, Glasgow.
mid 17th century: from Italian alto-rilievo.
More definitions of alto-relievoDefinition of alto-relievo in:
- The US English dictionary