Definition of always in English:
- This annual dinner for the committee and their friends is always an enjoyable occasion.
- Over the years it seemed to become a household name and the event is always an occasion to look forward to.
- This is always a lovely community occasion and a large attendance is anticipated.
- Throughout this period, there had always been a minority of rebels who challenged the rule of the clock.
- In the past, I've always known every summer what I'm going to be doing the following season.
- Ms Benson said that their phone lines were always quiet in the period coming up to Christmas.
- It will never be over in my heart though because she will always be there, forever and ever.
- Similarly, you get the feeling that speech recognition is the technology of the future and always will be.
- We should always act in such a way to make certain there will always be a human future.
- Then there was the obligatory annoying kid that you always get in these movies.
- I suppose some would call it a woman's book which always sounds a bit derogatory to me.
- I loved Halloween but the costume selection part of it was always the most annoying.
- As a last resort you could always throw out the computer, but could you survive without eBay?
- Failing this there is always the marvellous views of the French Alps to look forward to.
- I think separation seems a bit more straightforward than a divorce and we can always get one at a later stage.
Middle English: genitive case of all way, the inflection probably giving the sense 'at every time' as opposed to 'at one uninterrupted time': the difference between the two is no longer distinct.
- As usual; as always happens: opinions, as always, were divided as always, I think that consumers are looking for a product that tastes goodMore example sentences
- We are continuing to follow the issue here as always.
- We'll give you the facts, as always.
- Thank you very much, Louise, for your outstanding reporting, as always.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.