noun[mass noun] (plural amarettos)
- A brown almond-flavoured liqueur produced in Italy.More example sentences
- After dinner I like Italian liqueurs like limoncello or amaretto.
- In Italy, bitter-almond paste is used to make the crisp amaretti cookies, and bitter-almond extract gives amaretto liqueur its character.
- In a cocktail shaker partially filled with ice, mix amaretto, peach schnapps and orange juice.
Italian, diminutive of amaro 'bitter' (with reference to bitter almonds).
More definitions of amarettoDefinition of amaretto in:
- The US English dictionary