- 1Relating to the immediate surroundings of something: the liquid is stored at below ambient temperatureMore example sentences
- Will operation in environments with significantly higher ambient temperatures cause a pump malfunction?
- One of the primary differences in these two environments is the average ambient temperature, both in the day and night.
- The hatchlings normally emerge after a period of about 45-55 days depending upon the ambient sand temperature and climatic conditions.
- 1.1Relating to ambient music.More example sentences
- Forsaking the oeuvres of boy bands, their coverage has so far been saturated with unobtrusively tuneful ambient dance music.
- Harp arpeggios, ambient sounds, a typewriter and speech establish the mood.
- For those who aren't familiar with these projects, this collaborative release serves as an excellent introduction to a Danish collective that are doing some really impressive things with ambient guitar work at the moment.
- 2Relating to or denoting advertising that makes use of sites or objects other than the established media (e.g. by placing slogans on the back of bus tickets).More example sentences
- Print ads complementing the TV and radio ads will run in national media, with ambient advertising at stations and on buses.
- Point-of-sale advertisements accounted for a quarter of the total ambient media spend.
- The campaign covers TV, radio, print and ambient media, with the message that the newspaper is worth re-appraising.
late 16th century: from French ambiant or Latin ambient- 'going round', from ambire.
More definitions of ambientDefinition of ambient in:
- The US English dictionary