Definition of ambient in English:
1Relating to the immediate surroundings of something: the liquid is stored at below ambient temperature
More example sentences
- Will operation in environments with significantly higher ambient temperatures cause a pump malfunction?
- One of the primary differences in these two environments is the average ambient temperature, both in the day and night.
- The hatchlings normally emerge after a period of about 45-55 days depending upon the ambient sand temperature and climatic conditions.
1.1Relating to ambient music.
- Forsaking the oeuvres of boy bands, their coverage has so far been saturated with unobtrusively tuneful ambient dance music.
- Harp arpeggios, ambient sounds, a typewriter and speech establish the mood.
- For those who aren't familiar with these projects, this collaborative release serves as an excellent introduction to a Danish collective that are doing some really impressive things with ambient guitar work at the moment.
2Relating to or denoting advertising that makes use of sites or objects other than the established media (e.g. by placing slogans on the back of bus tickets).
- Print ads complementing the TV and radio ads will run in national media, with ambient advertising at stations and on buses.
- Point-of-sale advertisements accounted for a quarter of the total ambient media spend.
- The campaign covers TV, radio, print and ambient media, with the message that the newspaper is worth re-appraising.
Definition of ambient in:
- US English dictionary