- Denoting or relating to a high-fidelity audio system that reproduces the directional and acoustic properties of recorded sound using two or more channels: an ambisonic processMore example sentences
- The microphone which we use is exactly the same one that we use to make the majority of our ambisonic recordings.
- At the present time it is a relatively easy task to make a first order Ambisonic recording.
- This project will involve the development of software designed to allow the dynamic placement of sounds within an ambisonic array of speakers.
nounBack to top
- (ambisonics) [treated as singular] Ambisonic reproduction or systems: ambisonics can be used with multi-mikesMore example sentences
- Beyond surround sound lie the developing technologies of wavefront synthesis and ambisonics, for example, which are much more capable of conveying the direction and even the size of a sound source.
- Despite its invention nearly 20 years ago, ambisonics has remained rather obscure to this day due to the fact that decoding processors have not been readily available.
1970s: from Latin ambi- 'on both sides' + sonic.
More definitions of ambisonicDefinition of ambisonic in:
- The US English dictionary