noun• derogatory , chiefly North American
- A lawyer who specializes in bringing cases seeking damages for personal injury.More example sentences
- Can he be characterized as a greedy ambulance-chaser who is single-handedly responsible for runaway lawsuits?
- Just to show we are not the cold-hearted, ambulance-chasers of popular myth we have brought you some good news this week.
- So I have been somewhat irked to find myself being bedeviled with calls from so-called endowment ambulance-chasers.
late 19th century: from the reputation gained by certain lawyers for attending accidents and encouraging victims to sue.
More definitions of ambulance chaserDefinition of ambulance chaser in:
- The US English dictionary