A shrub of a genus that includes juneberry and snowy mespilus, typically bearing white flowers.
- Genus Amelanchier, family Rosaceae
More example sentences
- Another good choice is amelanchiers, or serviceberries, thin-skinned berries with a hint of cherry.
- The weeping cherry was in full bloom, and the crabapples and amelanchiers blooming too.
- I ordered several amelanchiers by mail in 1-gallon containers.
from French dialect amelancier 'medlar'.
Definition of amelanchier in:
- The US English dictionary