- Of or containing ammonia: ammoniacal liquor from the coke ovensMore example sentences
- Cupron is highly selective for copper ion in ammoniacal solution and for molybdenum in acid.
- The ammoniacal acetone supernatant containing extracted pigments was discarded, and the lipoprotein pellet was suspended in 2 mL of homogenization buffer.
- Current research has shown an increase in soil acidification through anthropogenic effects including acid precipitation and nitrification of ammoniacal fertilizers.
mid 18th century: from Middle English ammoniac, via Old French from Latin ammoniacus. This represented the Greek word ammōniakos 'of Ammon', used as a name for the salt and gum obtained near the temple of Jupiter Ammon at Siwa in Egypt. Compare with sal ammoniac.
More definitions of ammoniacalDefinition of ammoniacal in:
- The US English dictionary