- Waking up to find a hung-over friend of a relative amongst the presents will certainly help that year stand out.
- The central two-hander is set among a group of friends, all of whom are married or about to marry.
- Birds filled the air with their song while butterflies danced amongst the wild flowers.
- The document is now code and the code is now simply one window among others.
- I see the future of Turkey in Europe as a prosperous, tolerant, democratic country among others.
- According to the law, road users must give priority to, among others, the vehicles of state officials.
- Another symbol popular among the gay community is the inverted triangle.
- During the late Nineties the general view among investors was that shares weren't things to be sold.
- She said that the general feeling among communities was that they were tired of these crimes and wanted action to be taken.
- It was also indicated that the grant will be divided among the six participating institutions.
- The king was growing old, and thought to divide his kingdom among his daughters.
- Built for the use of one family, many are now divided among five to six families.
Old English ongemang (from on 'in' + gemang 'assemblage, mingling'). The -st of amongst represents -s (adverbial genitive) + -t probably by association with superlatives (as in against).
Words that rhyme with amongbung, clung, dung, flung, hung, lung, outflung, rung, shantung, slung, sprung, strung, stung, sung, swung, tongue, underslung, wrung, young
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.