- Uncontrollable or obsessive passion: he invests this tale of amour fou with a sense of doomMore example sentences
- Indeed it is the real sense of obsessional amour fou in his pained expression that makes the ending of the film so moving.
- This logic is oneiric and surrealistic, embroiling two-dimensional characters in mysterious patterns of amour fou and fatal desire.
- Yet he wants Julie to be an alluring creature, so that Louis' love for her is elevated from masochistic wimpery to amour fou.
1970s: French, 'insane love'.
More definitions of amour fouDefinition of amour fou in:
- The US English dictionary