- A sense of one’s own worth; self-respect: Pablo’s amour propre must have been tested by his short statureMore example sentences
- That would violate their sense of amour propre and their self-image as the valiant victims.
- But the Foreign Ministries of Europe were staffed by aristocrats motivated more by considerations of amour propre than common sense.
- The more they are ignored, the greater their sense of outraged amour propre.
More definitions of amour propreDefinition of amour propre in:
- The US English dictionary