noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A semi-synthetic penicillin closely related to ampicillin and with similar properties, but more readily absorbed when taken orally.More example sentences
- If you are given treatment for a bacterial infection with the antibiotics ampicillin or amoxycillin, you may develop a rash of small red spots.
- For urinary tract infection, we examined resistance to ampicillin or amoxicillin and trimethoprim.
- The curative treatment recommended for endocarditis combines penicillin or amoxicillin with gentamicin.
More definitions of amoxycillinDefinition of amoxycillin in:
- The US English dictionary